1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Unable to open certain websites

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by beebop, 2007/05/25.

1. 2007/05/25
    beebop

beebop Inactive Thread Starter

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right spot or not as i dont know if it is an IE problem or something else.
    For the past 12 hours, ive been unable to access a handful of sites, which i know are working as ive spoken to other people who have been on them. One of them is www.fromthestretch.com
    Everytime i try to open it, it times out. Saying that the site couldnt be opened, on mozilla, same thing, but says server was taking too long to respond.
    Im thinking its more something wrong with my computer than their server.
    Any ideas what i can do?

Thanx

2. 2007/05/29
    Zander

Zander Geek Member Alumni

Have a look at your hosts file. If you're using XP, you'll find it in your windows\system32\drivers\etc folder. It's named just plain hosts (no extention). Open it in notepad and see if the sights that don't work are listed in there. If so, delete them from the file. Actually, you can delete all of the sites that are in there (if any). My preference would be to delete them all because if there is websites listed in there, sooner or later you'll run into this again with other sites. It's up to you though. No harm can come to your computer by doing this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/05/29
    visionof

visionof Inactive