1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Turning off debugger

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by jaylach, 2005/04/28.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2005/04/28
    jaylach

jaylach Inactive Thread Starter

OK, I give up! :confused:

Running SP4 win 2000. How do you turn off the debugger?

I tend to be a 'bit' (pardon the pun) more hardware than software sooooooooo I gonna say this as a side note. I went into dumb mode. If you ever go to add/remove hardware and select show hidden hardware....... If you see an unknown device..... Don't decide that it must be something that you didn't remove totally and uninstall it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: It finally stopped when it got to a device that was needed to boot annnnnnnd, after reinstalling my mainboard drivers, video, modem, sound, etc., I'm running decent but probably gonna do a clean install just to make sure all is cool. :eek:

2. 2005/04/28
    Newt

Newt Inactive

Are you using Dr. Watson as your debugger?

Why do you want to turn off the debugger? What evil (or annoying) thing is it doing to your PC?

Newt,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2005/04/29
    jaylach

Hi, Newt,

Actually I'll probably leave the debugger alone after I do a clean install which I need to do. It's just that right now I get intermitant software crashes on things like Media Player. The debugger takes so long it's annoying. Right now I'd rather just exit the program and restart it. Right now I'm so swamped I just don't have the time to do the clean install.

OOPS!! Almost forgot to answer your question. As I haven't installed another debugger I would assume that it's Dr. Watson.

5. 2005/04/29
    Newt

Newt Inactive

Well, Here is how microsoft says you go about disabling and enabling Dr. Watson.

Newt,
  6. 2005/04/30
    jaylach

Kinda embarrassed... I get dense sometimes. I should of searched Microsoft before I put up the post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.