1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Trouble has arrived

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Old Tone, 2013/02/26.

1. 2013/02/26
    Old Tone

Old Tone Inactive Thread Starter

Hi Chaps and Chapesses,
    I have joined up as a retired would-be geek with aspirations greater than knowledge. A lot of what I taught myself when I was younger has disappeared through lack of use.
    When I encounter problems nowadays, I have vague recollections of things from my dim and distant past, but nothing seems as clear now.
    Before I retired I was a Facilities Manager in the Civil Service. This gave me teams of staff involved in Building/Estate maintenance, Procurement, and, believe it or not, IT Systems.
    I started in the dark ages with a Vic-20 computer and dabbled around until I learned a bit. Then graduated to an Einstein computer. (Wow - big league).
    Anyhow I bought a Tiny desktop PC some time later and since have rebuilt it a few times. It has reached the stage now where it is basically a home grown PC, but is getting a bit long in the tooth. Finances won't permit anything else though.
    Hope this explains where I am at this time, and that I looked on kindly as an oldun with decreasing knowledge.
    Good Luck to all.

2. 2013/02/26
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi Old Tone, Welcome to Windowsbbs! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay on this forum.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/02/26
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Old Tone, Welcome to WindowsBBS. :)

My handle says it all. I've been a late entry into PC's because where I worked as a Service Trainer for GMNZ Ltd. computer use was on a "Need to Know" basis.

I've since played with and built and repaired PC's and Laptops from Windows 95 till my last Vista. Like you, this will have to see me out.
    I'm also into Android Smartphones and have got great pleasure from renewing Digitizer screens and LCD screens into broken phones I bought for $5 on Ebay.
    Rooting the Android and updating the ROM etc.

All this keeps me and the mind active. Cheers Neil.:D

5. 2013/02/26
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

6. 2013/02/27
    Old Tone

Old Tone Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks for all the greetings.

If I run into the sort of problems I have had at times in the past, you may all come to regret it though.

Have a good year,

Tony

7. 2013/02/27
    MitchellCooley Lifetime Subscription

MitchellCooley Inactive

Gals to have you here.

Mitch