1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Trending

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by felicityblue, 2017/01/22.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2017/01/22
    felicityblue

felicityblue Well-Known Member Thread Starter

So the Women's March on Washington is trending. How do you feel about it? Do you support this?

2. 2017/01/22
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Have no problem with it. But this is a big problem when they just throw the signs and stuff on the ground and leave. I know that they aren't the first to leave a place like this.

Attached Files:

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/01/22
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

At least you can read some of the signs MrBill. It must have been organized through FB or Twitter because we had marches through the main cities here in NZ but I didn't see any local newspapers with any ads for a march. Seems like Trump is the most popular person for the wrong reasons.

5. 2017/01/22
    MrBill

Yeah. Some of the pictures of the places after they left were horrible.

6. 2017/01/23
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I do not think that it is any other countries business who the American citizens elect as their president. If people don not like who we elected to bad. I do not hear any one complaining about Hillary's leaking of confidential e-mails that got hundreds of American service personnel killed.

Last edited: 2017/01/23
    lj50,
  7. 2017/01/23
    MrBill

The majority of these woman that were marching was supposedly mad because Trump got elected and KILLARY lost. Bet that half of them or maybe more, didn't even vote. The only good that came out of this is that there were millions of happy husbands at home alone.

8. 2017/01/23

You are more than likely correct about everything.

lj50,
  9. 2017/01/23
    retiredlearner

As the most powerful nation in the world - another quote - these marches were from women all over the world who objected to the demeaning manner displayed by Trump.We are waiting to see what will happen in the USA as it will affect the rest of the world. The world is a small place these days with the Technology we have at our disposal. We can be affected by fiscal problems almost immediately if Wall Street blows it's nose or an oil spillage occurs.

10. 2017/01/23

It is Called FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Did any of them come here get drafted, enlist in the military then lay their lives on the line to fight for our country and way of life? NO. So as far as I am concerned citizens of other countries DO NOT have any say in who we elect as our president or to censure our leader.

lj50,
  11. 2017/01/23
    retiredlearner

No comment - have a good day.

12. 2017/01/23

You too.

13. 2017/01/26
    hawk22

hawk22 Geek Member

In reply to felicityblue in regards to the Women's March I leave a comment made by a Iranian-born Journalist living in Melbourne Australia.
    In her words she states that The Donald certainly has some issues regarding women's respect as the US President that he has to address. But the Sister-Hood (Womens Organisation's) should spend their energy and time on real women's issues, just one example, the Royal Women's Hospital in Melbourne has a dedicated section that cares for and treats women suffering from FGM (female genital mutilation) and no it is not a religious act, the Koran does not ask for it to be performed it is men that pressure the women. Annually 700 -800 Women and Girls some as young as 10 years of age attend this Hospital for treatment and that is only one Hospital in one City.
    And yes it is Illegal in Australia
    Yet those women organizations ignore those real women's issues and focus on far less important issues, the real issues they put into the too hard basket.
    In my book, she has guts to speak out.
    Is Don Is Good

14. 2017/01/26
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

I'll close this thread. This is not a political forum, and with the current polarized world we live in, I leave it for other places to deal with that.

virginia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.