1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved [Tracks from ripped CD's "Missing"?]

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by colinito, 2011/06/25.

1. 2011/06/25
    colinito

colinito Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Using W.7 Home Premium, W.Media Player 12, AVG 2011 free.

Hello Everyone!

I have just ripped 10 CDs of a set of ten using WMP 12.

Wishing to paste the requisite art on each I went to the Genre and found that only 8 were visible.

For some reason, when ripping, the details of the artists, music titles and CD details were not shown, so I had to edit and write every detail into the framework.

There are two missing. When I put the original 'missing' CDs in the tray to play they show all the details and each track has "Ripped" beside it.

So, even though they are ripped onto the hard drive, I am unable to find them in WMP 12.

When I put the name of each track into the 'search' (above START) It shows a location, when I go to that location, the track is shown but it is jumbled up with many other tracks, and not in the group of 15 belonging to the relevant CD.

If I could find the CD, I would delete it and start again - but I can't find it!

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on this problem, please?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Colinito

2. 2011/06/26
    hawk22

hawk22 Geek Member

By default WMP places your music into the Music library. Going by what you say I think your best shot would really be to search for those CD's and re-do them.
    As an unrelated question, I am only using WMP11 I have not tried 12, can you now Rip in FLAC. I like using Flac, WMP11 only has WAVE for loss-less. I rip and then transfer onto USB sticks to play in my Stereo - Home Theater System since FLAC is loss-less, compared to a lossy MP3. Save your original CD's.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/06/26
    colinito

colinito Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Tracks from ripped CD's "Missing "?

Hello Hawk22 and everyone,

Thank you for your input.

I have "solved" the problem.

Having found all the track titles in the 'music' folder jumbled up together - I deleted each track from the "missing" CDs from the library and the Hard Drive.

I then re-entered the CD and re-ripped it. It then appeared in the WMP 12 Library and I was able to add the requisite art to it.

I have no idea what caused this problem in the first place - each CD was "treated" in the same manner.

I regret that I am not familiar with FLAC, and can not answer that question.

I shall mark this thread as 'solved' if I can.

Regards

Colinito