1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Thunderbird will not let me make a default account.

Discussion in 'Firefox, Thunderbird & SeaMonkey' started by larsonjean, 2017/11/18.

1. 2017/11/18
    larsonjean

larsonjean Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Intermediate
    Hello,

Apparently I made a terrible mistake when I added my gmail account to me thunderbird default account. I remember asking something to the effect of making it the default account and like a dummy I said yes.
    Of course, I just wanted this as an extra account so I can receive the few messages in Thunderbird.

I use Mail Washer to block some of the junk that comes in. Until I changed it by adding the gmail account, when mail comes in it says it is coming from my gmail account (see the attachment). I have deleted the gmail account but it doesn't matter. I have changed some setting and I cannot get it back to the tampabay.rr.com account.

I have been trying to figure this out for several days but no luck. I also have many filters in my tampabay account and, of course, since none of these are coming into at my gmail account.

I uninstalled Thunderbird and re-installed it but that was no help. I have deleted the gmail account but the mail being received thinks it is from gmail when I actually sent it from tampabay. (See attachment.)

Thank you for any help.

Jeanne

If you need me to send more information, I will be glad to do so.

Attached Files:

2. 2017/11/18
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Computer Experience:
    intermediate
    Hi Jeanne, I have used TB for about 13 years and made a change a few years back when our ISP (Telecom NZ - xtra.co.nz) said they were going to charge a monthly account fee.
    I use gmail as our server. All our mail is held at gmail and is on IMAP and I set this up in TB > Tools > Account Settings > Server.
    Were you trying to do the same?
    I use TB's Junk settings to filter emails as it is a learning software and I rarely see any scam mails these days.
    You may have to go to your ISP and delete gmail from there as I would imagine gmail is the default setting at your ISP.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/11/19
    larsonjean

Computer Experience:
    Intermediate
    Thanks for trying to help me. No I was not doing the same as you. I like to use my normal Tampabay account to receive my email from their server. I open up Mail Washer and usually my tampabay mail comes in there and I have programmed Mail Washer to keep certain email and black list others. Then I was the mail and the good mail comes into Thunderbird mail where I have all my folders set up.

Now I am not getting my mail in my mail washer. Most of it will not even come in there. When I go to my gmail account from the web mail, all my mail is there.

I think what I must have done is told gmail to be the default email and now all my mail comes in there and if I try to forward the mail the message goes to tampbay but it said it came from gmail.com.

All I want to do is have all my email come into my thunderbird account and have gmail just stay with web mail.

I am afraid I am not explaining this correctly. I did call RoadRunner and they said they couldn't help. I also called Mozilla Thunderbird and they wanted to take over my computer for $146.00 and I can't afford it.

5. 2017/11/19
    retiredlearner

Computer Experience:
    intermediate
  6. 2017/11/20
    larsonjean

Computer Experience:
    Intermediate
    Thank you so much for solving this problem. That was it, gmail was changed to my default account. Whew, that you again. It was great.

7. 2017/11/20
    retiredlearner

Computer Experience:
    intermediate
    You're welcome.