1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Thunderbird 0.9 doesn't show all accounts

Discussion in 'Firefox, Thunderbird & SeaMonkey' started by shadowhawk, 2004/11/10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004/11/10
    shadowhawk

shadowhawk Inactive Thread Starter

I want Thunderbird 0.9 to display all my email accounts in the left pane, each with its own folders. Outlook Express and The Bat both did this, so it should be possible in Thunderbird 0.9, right?

The way it is now, all my email comes into a universal Inbox, which I hate! Example attached.

2. 2004/11/10
    James

James Inactive

Why not just create new boxes (i.e. family mail, church business...) and when mail comes in, drag it from the Inbox to the appropriate folder you've created?

btw: cool skin you have there. Which is it?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2004/11/10
    shadowhawk

shadowhawk Inactive Thread Starter

It's the default theme...

One step ahead of you. I created message filters for email for each account to go into different folders. But this is a temporary fix.

I know there was a way to display each account in the left pane and its folders because I had two accounts in the left pane orginally. I just can't remember how I did this.

edit: I found the answer. I had to recreate the accounts and set them to not use the Universal Inbox.

Last edited: 2004/11/10
  5. 2004/11/10
    Bmoore1129

Bmoore1129 Geek Member

shadowhawk

I have three accounts with my ISP. As you can see from my thumbnail, they can be seen in the left pane. I simply created an account in Thunderbird for each account. Each one has it's own username and password.

Clicking on the one called "Personal account" causes a right pane to open and a "create new account" link is displayed. Once you are finished, each account will appear in the left pane. When you check mail the first time, you will have to enter the password for each account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.