1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

TBird will not use default printer by default

Discussion in 'Firefox, Thunderbird & SeaMonkey' started by Alex Ethridge, 2018/06/13.

1. 2018/06/13
    Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Tech
    This is a years-long problem through several versions of TBird and through three printers.

Thunderbird keeps defaulting to my Brother MFC-9340 network (ethernet) printer regardless of the fact that Bullzip is the default printer. (Bullzip is a PDF printer). I also had the same problem with my HP5 years ago and another HP Laserjet (I think a 4000).

I uninstalled the Brother and reinstalled and that produces no change. All other programs use Bullzip by default. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled TBird with no change.

This happens even if I am printing the same document two times in a row without closing the mail. I have to re-select Bullzip every time.

2. 2018/06/14
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Computer Experience:
    echo $experienced;
    From the menu bar select Tools-Options-Advanced-General Select the Config Editor Promise to be careful Enter the following into the search field: print_printer When that line appears, right click it and select Reset. Restart TB and see if it grabs the default.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2018/06/14
    Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Tech
    I've tried exactly that in months passed. It holds for about a day or three and then goes back to using the Brother. I'll try it again and we'll know in a day or three.