1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Switching between headphones and speakers

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by aks, 2006/10/27.

1. 2006/10/27
    aks

aks Inactive Thread Starter

I recently added a headset to my computer, and it seems I have to go to Control Panel, Sounds, etc, to switch between speakers and headphones --- and then disconnect from Skype and re-connect to Skype to make the switch.
    Is this true? Are all these steps really necessary? Is there an easier way?
    Alice
    P.S. I'm not sure what category this belongs to, so I'll enter it into more than one.

aks,
  2. 2006/10/27
    Welshjim

Welshjim Inactive

aks--I have a Dell Dimension 4600. It has a "headphone connector" port at the very bottom right front of the tower (in a small recess). Maybe your PC does, too?
    Plugging in the headphone turns off the speakers and turns on the headphone. I unplug the head phone/microphone from this port when I want to use the speakers.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/10/27
    aks

Thanks, WelshJim

Thank you, WelshJim. I hadn't seen the port in the front for my mike and was using a USB port in the back. Now I realize I bought the wrong headphone. I'll go back and get one that fits that little port in the front, and I'll be in business.
    Thanks very much.
    Alice

aks,
  5. 2006/10/27
    Welshjim

Welshjim Inactive

aks--You are most welcome. Hope it works.

6. 2006/10/31
    demon

demon Well-Known Member

Hi Aks, You can buy ($4.00) a double plug to put in the Speaker port at the back of you PC, then when using you head set just turn down the main speakers and thats it.
    Cheers Des,:)

7. 2006/11/01
    aks

Thank you, Demon

Thank you, Demon, but I went ahead and bought just head phones, and they plug in to the front of my tower, which gives me easy access to connect and disconnect. Appreciate your response, though.
    Alice

aks,