1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Srvr 2012R2 and Remote Desktop Services - PRINTING ISSUES

Discussion in 'Windows Server System' started by Steve R Jones, 2017/01/23.

1. 2017/01/23
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Experienced
    It's me again:confused:

Inshort, from what I've discovered is that by default, Easy Print is enabled on 2012r2.

When you disable Easy Print via gpedit , you can add drivers for a printer the good old fashion way. Technically, when Easy Print is enabled, the Advanced tab within the printer properties is Grayed out.

ISSUE: I can't figure out a way to do both. When I first got this machine, my old faithfull HP 2035 wouldn't print. After I disabled Easy Print...it would print.. Few days later when attempting to add one of my customers I had the opposite problem. They couldn't print unless Easy Print was enabled.

I still have another customer to add to this machine and heaven only knows which setting will work for them. Course, I don't really need to print, but I'm a good test subject.

2. 2017/01/24
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Arie,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/01/24
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Experienced
    Thanks... I've seen that. When I disable Easy Print I can print but one customer can't... We still had a couple of different drivers to try for their five Ricoh printers that maybe might work.

An interesting twist I discovered late yesterday - with Easy Print enabled - I am able to print when logged in from my Win VISTA computer.... Go Figure.

I've seen mention of being able to add a "per user" function to Group Policies which I'm still looking into. Unfortunately I think it's really just adding the same as the Local User function.

5. 2017/01/24
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

The customer is using Remote Desktop right? You may want to check out which version they are using.

Arie,