1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Spell Check in OE

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by artbea, 2003/04/14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2003/04/14
    artbea

artbea Inactive Thread Starter

After composing an email message I want to use spell check, but the spell checker button is grayed out. Can anyone tell me how I can get it to work?

artbea

2. 2003/04/14
    Lonny Jones

Lonny Jones Inactive Alumni

Did it ever work ?

I understand that this is a very nice speller for those who do not have MS Office installed, or MS works

http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2003/04/14
    Jayt36

Jayt36 Inactive

5. 2003/04/14
    artbea

To Lonny jones and Jayt36: Thanks for the information. I'll check out both of your replies this evening and let you know how I made out. Thanks again.

artbea

6. 2003/04/14
    artbea

Re; spell check in OE

To: Lonny Jones and Jayt36, I couldn't wait until tonight so I went into both.

Lonny Jones, yours was the one that I downloaded. I've already sent an email and used spell check. Thank you so much for your information.

Jayt36, for me it would be most difficult to do. Knowledge Base Q178238 thru me off with the warning in it. That made the decision to go with Lonny Jones, but thank you for your information.

artbea

7. 2003/04/14
    Alice

Alice Banned

8. 2003/04/14
    artbea

Re; spell check in OE

To Alice, thank you for the information. I have already downloaded from the site that Lonny Jones gave and it works perfectly. So far I have had no problem.

Artbea

9. 2003/04/15
    Alice

Alice Banned

Hi Artbea,

I'm glad to hear that the program Lonny posted is working for you. I just wanted to give another option :)

10. 2003/04/15
    Lonny Jones

Lonny Jones Inactive Alumni

Hi

I didn't mean for you to run out and install anything, we didn't know if even you had a speller, That why I asked if you had ever used it--or did it ever work. ?

We should always wait for 2 3-even 4 days for answers to our posts. don't assume the first few that try to help are correct.
    I should have instructed :
    If you download this program, first update you're anti virus program and scan it. install and scan the whole system to.
    goes for any software we find out there,on-line or off.

Most people that post here for help, are having problems caused by arrant software in-stall's ,shareware freeware, or just plain
    software.

If you hang around this help forum(hope you do) You'll be able to see who is just helpful---(me) well Ive got my moments,and who knows what they are talking about --for instance Alice.

I glad to hear the speller is working good

Lonny Jones

11. 2003/04/15
    artbea

Re; Spell check in OE

To Lonny Jones, in answer to your question----I did not have spell check. It was always grayed out except when I had AOL this winter in FL. Am now back in MI in a city where AOL is a toll call.

XThe information that I had (from WindowsP for Dummies)is that if I do not have Microsoft Word, Excel, or Power Point the spelll checker won't work.....and it did not.

I also emailed the Author of Windows XP for Dummies re the spell checker and he said the same and pointed out the page number (233). So, I am very happy that I downloaded the spell checker.

artbea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.