1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Sound Volume too low

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Moorty, 2015/09/12.

1. 2015/09/12
    Moorty Lifetime Subscription

Moorty Well-Known Member Thread Starter

The Windows 10 update put in Realtek High def audio driver 6.0.1.75112 on my computer; and the volume of the sound is too low. I made the tweaks like using 5.1 and enhancements and raising the sound levels to 10 dcb. But the volume is a little better but not at the normal levels. What could I do? Should I change to windows sound drivers? How could I do that?

2. 2015/09/15

The problem was solved by changing the audio driver in Windows from RealTek to general Hi Def audio driver which Windows supplies.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/10/08
    oldanbo

oldanbo Well-Known Member

Huh?

I'm confused, how did that go again?

Last edited: 2015/10/08
  5. 2015/10/08
    oldanbo

oldanbo Well-Known Member

I have the same problem.

6. 2015/10/08

Go into Device Manager. Click on "Sound, Video and Game Controllers ". Double click on "RealTek Audio "; and click on "Driver" and then click on "Update Driver." It will give you the option of finding the driver automatically or find it yourself in the computer. Click on the latter. Then it will give you the choice of RealTek and High Definition Audio Driver. Pick the latter. And close the windows, clicking ok, if necessary.

I can't remember if you have to reboot the computer, but first try the sound. It should be clear and loud. Or else, reboot the computer and try it again. That should work.