1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Sony CD-R/RW.....pros? cons?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by MinnesotaMike, 2002/01/12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/12
    MinnesotaMike

MinnesotaMike Geek Member Thread Starter

A Sony CRX160E drive is a possible addition to my computer. Anyone have any thoughts on the Sony line of drives? Any and all info would be appreciated to make an informed decision. Thanks!

2. 2002/01/12
    Cliffh

Cliffh Inactive

I've installed a few and used a few Sony drives. The only thing I've got against them is the software - at least up to version 2. There's no way that I can find to use this software to create a bootable CD. Other than that, everything works just fine.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/12
    Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Well-Known Member

My first burner was a Sony, sold under the Smart & friendly brand name. It worked fine for me for three years and is still working fine for an additional year for the person I sold it to.

5. 2002/01/13
    deuce

deuce Guest

They are pretty good... but not the best. I'd say probably 3rd, but not far behind #1. But worth the money they cost. You won't have to worry about having an abundant supply of coasters, either... or really having that many at all. :D I have a Sony double density CDRW and it works great... although I can't use the DD discs in regular cd-roms. Hasn't produced a coaster yet... and that's pretty much all that matters in quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.