1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Some Good News & Some Bad News

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by hawk22, 2017/07/22.

1. 2017/07/22
    hawk22

hawk22 Geek Member Thread Starter

Starting with the bad news.
    Microsoft announced the death of Windows Mobile, only supporting for a limited time Mobile 10 no more support or updates to any other.
    Microsoft had in my book a super chance on the Mobile Phone circus to have a big impact with one of the best Phones the Nokia ( I am the owner of a Nokia Lumia 920 Windows 8.1) and in my opinion if Microsoft had put any energy into Windows Mobile, a super Operating system, but unfortunateley Microsoft thought they didnt have to do any work to stay successful. Well we all no the outcome of such attitudes.

Now to the good news.
    Sony has anounced that they will again produce LP's, the good old unreplaceable Vinyl being exhumed at Sony. Great News
    Hopefully they will produce best quality of a big range of new and old Music.
    hawk22

2. 2017/07/22
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

The good old vinyls are back but a decent turntable is costly & most of the amplifiers don't have the "Phono" input nowadays that is required for proper equalization of the input.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/07/23
    hawk22

hawk22 Geek Member Thread Starter

Not quite so, You can buy a Denon fully Automatic Turntable for $200.- (Amazone) in regards to amplifiers you dont need phono input I use a Yamaha Amp that has phono input but I don't use it, much better to use seperate pre amp, Denon DP300F has switchable phono, mine is turned off as well, I use a Project Phono Box $50.- on ebay.
    All you have to do is a little bit of shopping around. This business of paying huge money for new fancy dangled turntables is **** unless you have the rest of the nessesary equipment including a acustically setup listening room and $10,000 speakers.
    I have 3 Turntables including a $50.- from ebay that works beautifully.

5. 2017/07/23
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

Well choices in India are quite limited & the stores stocking turntables are charging a premium.