1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Slow Toshiba Satellite win8 NoteBook??

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by FuzMic, 2016/12/22.

1. 2016/12/22
    FuzMic

FuzMic Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi guys

My friend told me his Toshiba Satellite i3.2.5Ghz with 2G, win8.64bit laptop is very slow (4.7 Experience Index), common statements i get from users all the time.

So I check the hard disk, seems all ok report. So i did a factory reset to the default win8. I then look at the Task Manager, nothing seem to be hogging the system. There is no updates availiable, seem all there.

It is definitely slow after re-installation even with no new applications installed except Office 07.

What is slow? Following:
    Access to each items in control panel
    Access to My Computer devices, Advanced

Any suggestions?

2. 2016/12/22
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi FuzMic. Its possible that there is file system corruption on the hard drive which is causing the system to be slow.

Lets make sure there is no corruption in the file system.

Click Start< type Command Prompt in the Start search box, right click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator. After the Command Prompt window opens, type chkdsk C: /r and hit enter. Type Y to confirm that you want to schedule a Check Disk to run on the next restart. After the Check Disk has been scheduled, close the Command Prompt window and reboot the computer to allow Check Disk to run.

Then lets see what is starting up with your machine.

Please download Autoruns. After you download the zipped folder on your desktop, right click the zipped folder and click Extract All. After the folder has been extracted open the regular folder. Run the autoruns.exe program by right clicking on it and selecting Run as administrator. When you open the program, click the Logon Tab and then post a screenshot of all the startup entries on the Logon Tab in your next reply.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/01/18
    FuzMic

FuzMic Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Evan will try your idea thanks ... but i actually i did a reinstall of the os within the laptop.

I do use Autoruns and check out things from time to time. But in this instead i still feel it is a very obsolete version of of win 8 (not 8.1) and it is all slow because there were loads of update spreading over days. Now it is seem to stablized after all the updates. Thus i want to update to win 8.1 before all else.

Thanks for the ideas.

5. 2017/01/18
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

You are welcome. Would you consider this thread resolved?