1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

shutdown restarts

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by robski, 2002/01/12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/12
    robski

robski Guest Thread Starter

:mad:

Help.

I've just upgraded from NT to W2k, and everything seemed OK until I tried to shut it down. It does that alright. Unfortunately, it restarts straight away.
    Now my computer is on all the time - I simply can't shut it down in any way.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you

:confused:

2. 2002/01/12
    dizze

dizze Guest Thread Starter

<sarcasm>

There is a switch on the front of your computer called an On/Off Switch, or Power Switch. Try pressing that!

:D

</sarcasm>

Ok on a more useful note, have a look in:

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Power Options

Under the advanced tab there is a Power buttons section check to see what this is set to, it may be affecting things.

Make sure that its set to Power Off, then just press the power button to switch your box off.

If not shutdown in the usual method then when it goes to reboot, press and hold the button for 4-5 secs, this will turn the box off.

Other possibilitys:

In your boxes bios look for an option along the lines of ACPI/APM aware OS. set this to yes, reboot and try again.

Dizz-E

3. to hide this advert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.