1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Sharing a DVD Drive over the network

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by Lee, 2002/01/22.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/22
    Lee

Lee Inactive Thread Starter

I got it to see my brothers DVD, it'll play the intro and warning, but nothing after that, is it because it probably doesn't have enough bandwidth on the connection?

Lee,
  2. 2002/01/22
    phattooth

phattooth Inactive

From what you wrote (or rather, didn't).... It sounds like a trial version of the DVD software....

Posting more info ALWAYS helps!!!!

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/22
    Lee

Lee Inactive Thread Starter

Heh, sorry :D

He has a Dell with a DVD drive, and Dell software (not trial). I have a normal Dell, no DVD drive obviously. Crossover cable with 10/100 Mbps. I changed my D Drive to his DVD so the software could read from it rather than my drive. Ok, On American Pie 2 (it works on his computer) it will give me the menu screen, then I try to play the video, and it gives me the WARNING copywrite ****, and then sits there blank. His computer is sending packets, but I'm not getting anything. Should I just let it sit there for a minute or so to see if anything happens, or just forget about it, it wont happen?

Lee,
  5. 2002/01/23
    phattooth

phattooth Inactive

Give me the system specs on the two machines....

Trying to replicate the problem on my LAN....No Prob....
    What DVD software are you guys useing??....are you runinnig the software on your machine too??.....Do you have the drive as "shared "??
    You may try saving the VOB to the HD then reading that over the network......but.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.