1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

setting up usenet

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Bearclaw, 2017/07/31.

1. 2017/07/31
    Bearclaw

Bearclaw Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I want to get access to newsgroups and have read up on it a good bit. I am of the understanding that this can be established with IE at no cost. I do have IE on my computer IE 11 to be specific. However I cannot locate the right place to set this up. I have gone to 'Tools'- 'Internet Options'-'Programs'-'Internet Programs' but there is no mention of news anywhere that I look under 'Internet Programs' even though it is indicated this is the place to do go for 'other' internet services.

Maybe this 'service' is just not available with IE 11, if so I have no problem with reverting to IE of earlier versions. I am not married to using IE, but for the cost factor alone it would be my preference.

Any advice, opinions, instructions, help or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim

2. 2017/07/31
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

3. to hide this advert.