1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Seamonkey Mail with AOL Mail

Discussion in 'Firefox, Thunderbird & SeaMonkey' started by Ken, 2017/04/04.

  1. 2017/04/04
    Ken

    Ken Well-Known Member Thread Starter

    Joined:
    2006/01/10
    Messages:
    219
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    231
    Computer Experience:
    Intermediate
    When I download messages from AOL, they go to the Seamonkey Inbox and are deleted from the AOL server. When I delete a message, it goes into Seamonkey Trash and also is sent back to the AOL server Trash.
    How do I stop mail from being returned to the AOL server?
     
    Ken,
    #1
  2. 2017/04/05
    BOBBO

    BOBBO Geek Member

    Joined:
    2002/01/07
    Messages:
    1,840
    Likes Received:
    15
    Trophy Points:
    483
    Location:
    California
    Computer Experience:
    Intermediate *sigh*
    Ken, I use SeaMonkey also, but my server is Yahoo, so I’m not sure how much help I can offer. There probably aren’t many SM users on this forum anymore, but it’s a Mozilla program and so is their Thunderbird e-mail client. Perhaps some other members who use that program can help. Is there a Thunderbird forum you can consult? I used to check the SM forum occasionally but often found it unsatisfying. Have you been in touch with AOL’s tech support?

    I’ve had two issues with my own SM recently. It’s a long shot, but perhaps what I found with them will suggest an idea.

    When you have your e-mail client loaded, in the left panel is a list of folders with Inbox at the top and Trash at the bottom. A couple weeks ago I noticed a new folder beneath Trash in mine. I don’t recall exactly the name of it, but it had a .dat extension, which indicates it’s connected somehow with SM. After I deleted it, my SM issues stopped.

    At about that same time, I was occasionally having odd characters -- � -- appear between sentences in my messages and they stopped appearing at the same time I deleted that .dat folder.

    I don’t know if it’s related, but occasionally lately I’ve been getting a warning message when I try to send an e-mail. Rather than quote the entire message, I’ll say here that it said POP3 doesn’t support UIDL or XTND.XLST, which are required to implement “Leave on Server” and two other operations. A solution was offered involving settings in the mail server in Account Settings.

    My experiences were different, but maybe what I learned from my mess will help you fix your mess. :)
     

  3. to hide this advert.

  4. 2017/04/05
    Ken

    Ken Well-Known Member Thread Starter

    Joined:
    2006/01/10
    Messages:
    219
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    231
    Computer Experience:
    Intermediate
    Thank you for your thoughts. AOL can't even understand the problem. I found 1 person on the SM forum that is interested in helping, but nothing yet. Verizon gave up Email and switched me to AOL.
     
    Ken,
    #3
  5. 2017/04/06
    Ken

    Ken Well-Known Member Thread Starter

    Joined:
    2006/01/10
    Messages:
    219
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    231
    Computer Experience:
    Intermediate
    I ran at test and found that AOL moves all downloaded messages to AOL trash. This is not a Seamonkey problem, so case closed.
     
    Ken,
    #4

Share This Page