1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Removing identity from OE without password

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by banksjam, 2002/01/08.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/08
    banksjam

banksjam Inactive Thread Starter

My ex-daughter-in-law had an identity set up in Outlook Express and since she no longer lives here or is in the family, I would like to get rid of it, but I don't know her password. Is there a way to delete it without the password, or am I stuck looking at it everytime I restrart the computer and open OE? It's not that big of a deal, but just one of those little things that bug me sometimes!
    Thanks,
    Danny

2. 2002/01/08
    Kevin Lifetime Subscription

Kevin Well-Known Member

You don't say which version of Outlook Express or which operating system. The safest thing to do would be to back up the files and settings you want to keep following the steps here:

www.tomsterdam.com/insideoe5/backup/index.htm

Uninstall and reinstall Outlook Express and restore the files and settings you saved. How and whether or not you can uninstall Outlook Express depends on which version and which OS. So if you go this route, more information is needed.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/09
    banksjam

banksjam Inactive Thread Starter

Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm running Outlook Express 6. I followed the directions to her key in the registry, deleted it (after I backed up of course!) and that did it, she's gone. Thanks!
    Danny

Last edited: 2002/01/09
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.