1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Receive email with outlook express

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by tinman2207, 2006/11/05.

1. 2006/11/05
    tinman2207

tinman2207 Inactive Thread Starter

2. 2006/11/05
    Bill Castner

Bill Castner Inactive

Your incoming mail server is likely wrong.
    Check your existing email account, and use its settings for incoming mail server in your new Domain setup.

From what I read in your link the Hosting service will forward any mail sent to your domain to a pre-existing email account. (The names typed in the article you linked are not correct).

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/11/05
    tinman2207

tinman2207 Inactive Thread Starter

Hi Bill

Thanks for answering my post. Appreciated.

When you say "Your incoming mail server is likely wrong" do you mean the configuration i set up at hostgator on my cpanel?

and "From what I read in your link the Hosting service will forward any mail sent to your domain to a pre-existing email account. (The names typed in the article you linked are not correct) "

What does this mean? could you break it down a little so i understand.

I have been on this off and on for two days. I think i am going insane.:eek:

Best

Tinman

5. 2006/11/05
    Bill Castner

Bill Castner Inactive

I translate this to mean that you use the Cpanel to set an existing and working email account as the forwarding address.

As to misconfiguration, in Outlook Express, Accounts, Email, your Email Acccount - Settings, Server, the Incoming POP3 server should not be:
    mail.yourdomain.com

It should be the POP3 incoming account for your working email address.