1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved RDP Connection Error

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by Steve R Jones, 2015/08/07.

1. 2015/08/07
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff Thread Starter

My co-worker and I do support. We make RDP connections to our clients all the time. We can both connect to all clients except one.

See the attachment that shows the error and the ABOUT Remote Desktop information for both computers. Apparently my RDP version is a little newer than hers.

We have identical Win 7 Pro machines... My Vista machine won't connect either.

I've been googling this but thought I'd also post here.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. 2015/08/07
    Steve R Jones

I at least figured out why I have a newer version:

Now I just need to figure out how to connect to this one server.

EDIT: The Server 2008 R2 Standard that I'm trying to connect to is using RDP 7.1

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/08/07
    Steve R Jones

Well darn. I uninstalled KB2592687 and all the gray hair on my head fell out...

I got stuck on DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER..... After 45 minutes I hit the power button. Thank God it finished doing the uninstall and reverted me back to ver 7.1.

However, it didn't fix the problem.... Maybe next week when I'm brave and bold I uninstall the hot fix KB2574819 that came with the above KB.... Course maybe I should have uninstalled the hot fix first:rolleyes: