1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Problems with windows update

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by alboy, 2016/07/31.

1. 2016/07/31
    alboy

alboy Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi
    I am having problems downloading windows updates on my win 7 laptop it just keeps saying it is downloading updates but it stays at 0% downloads and 0% complete, I have tried all the usual remedies including Microsoft Windows Update Diagnostic software that just hangs on the resolving problems frame and just keeps running indefinitely I have also tried their Fixcenter but that just says no problem detected. I have also left it running on the download box for several hours but nothing seems to be happening, I did reboot the computer after some hours and it did install an update even though none appeared to have been downloaded.
    I hope someone can help as it is driving me Mad!!
    Many thanks in advance for any help and replies.

2. 2016/07/31
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

Simply put - you have to give it time. Start the process before going to bed;)

Earlier this week, it took four hours before the downloading would start on an office machine I was working on.

Note that every time you start over - the process starts at the beginning.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/08/01
    alboy

alboy Well-Known Member Thread Starter

It did update eventually after 5 hours and then it only installed some of the updates it took 3 trys to get them all downloaded and installed, It seems that windows update for pre Win 10 pcs is somewhat broken as it never took that amount of time to update in the past,
    Many thanks Steve for your help