1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Problems with Mail the default Windows 10 client

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by user__11063, 2015/12/17.

1. 2015/12/17
    user__11063

user__11063 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi all, I am having issues trying to get the Windows 10 Mail client to work. I want to use it as apparently they're shutting down Windows Live Mail 2011 (unless I download the patch which will prolong the life of it for a bit longer so may as well just start using the Mail client now) but when I go into All Apps on the start menu it's showing it's there but when I click on it nothing happens. If I go into the Windows Store it shows as being installed but there's no uninstall/reinstall option. If I go into Add/Remove Programs it's not showing in that list at all and neither is the calendar app which it comes with (in the windows store it's the Mail and Calendar App).

I'm a bit stuck as to how to fix this issue, but one thing I have noticed is down the bottom of the Add/Remove Programs it's showing 4 tiles just below the last thing installed on the pc which have no names attached and there's no option to uninstall them, I'm thinking the Mail and Calendar app is one of them but again not got a clue on how to find out or even fix the issue.

Any help at all on the problem would be much appreciated, would prefer not to do a reinstall of Windows 10 but if that's the only option then it's something I will need to do.

Many thanks in advance for people looking into this for me.

2. 2016/01/03
    MasterChief

MasterChief Well-Known Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/01/03
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi martync2, Let's know if this helps: "Need help with Windows 10? "
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-nz/windows-10/email-communication
    I haven't used W10 Mail before, but I just clicked on Mail and opened it. Start > Life at a glance Menu > Mail > and just clicked plus sign at left > entered my gmail address and typed test to self > Send and this test email arrived in my TB inbox. Very easy.
    Have a look at the MS link and follow the instructions and see if that is your answer.
    What version of W10 are you using? Neil.