1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

problems opening .snp with Snapshot Viewer

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by Luckyfish, 2002/07/15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/07/15
    Luckyfish

Luckyfish Inactive Thread Starter

I'm having difficulty opening files with .snp extensions. I have Snapshot Viewer. Appears that 'file type' information under 'view folder options' is correct. If I have a file sent over via e-mail, when I try to open....it prompts me to save first. Even if I try to save first, I am unable to open at all. My OS is Windows 98. I use Mozilla as browser, both for navigating and mail (same as Netscape??). What can I do to open these attachments? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanx!
    Luckyfish:confused:

2. 2002/07/15
    Luckyfish

more info on previous post

When file is saved on hard drive, and I double-click to open....it appears that everything is working fine. Snapshot viewer begins opening...then I get an error message. It reads 'Snapshot Viewer' at top of error message, then the message reads, 'An error occured while opening a Snapshot file'. What's going on? Thanx, again.
    Luckyfish:eek:

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/07/15
    Newt

Newt Inactive

Were it me, I would uninstall, get a fresh copy of version 9.0 from Here, install it, and see what happens.

Newt,
  5. 2002/07/15
    HumBug

HumBug Well-Known Member

6. 2002/07/16
    Luckyfish

Thanx Newt and Humbug for suggestions and links. I will re-install. I had installed this program from an e-mail attachment sent to me. It said I had a previous version; I think from MS Office 2000. I told my system to replace. Wondering if that was the problem, or really more specifically if Mozilla was. I know AOL will always 'save' first on these type files (.snp), and I was wondering if that was the situation with Mozilla. Do either of you have any experience/problems with opening these type files with Netscape or Mozilla? Will try your suggestions and let you know. Thanx again!
    Luckyfish:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.