1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

[Problems after installing Kaspersky on Vista]

Discussion in 'Security and Privacy' started by RichieJo500, 2010/02/19.

1. 2010/02/19
    RichieJo500

RichieJo500 Inactive Thread Starter

Hi there. I am new to these forums on here, but I really need some help please. I have been reading some of the other posts but can't seem to find an answer to my problem.

I have a HP Windows Vista Home Basic laptop. I was using Norton 360 until it just expired. I then started using Kaspersky Internet Security on there & thats when the problems started!!! I installed Kaspersky on there ok but the next time I restarted it, it just goes to the white screen with mouse pointer after boot up. I can't do another thing with it. Tried re-booting in safe mode etc, but not having any luck. I can only assume that the Kaspersky is blocking something and preventing it starting up at all. It's given me a headache trying to sort it all out now. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this please?
    Oh I also tried system restore from safe mode which tok Kaspersky off, I then re-installed it again only for the same thing to happen again.

Any help you can give me giuys would be appreciated.

Cheers.

2. 2010/02/22
    Geri Lifetime Subscription

Geri Inactive Alumni

Geri,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/03/01
    RichieJo500

RichieJo500 Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply Geri, but, I have tried everything I know now including your suggestion to sort out my lap-top to no avail. Nothing worked. I have since re-formatted again & now I am unable to re-install my wireless internet router & therefore connect to the internet at all. I have finally decided to admit defeat & take it in to the computer shop for them to fix whatever problems it has. Thanks for suggesting that anyway. Much appreciated. :(

5. 2010/03/11
    Markala

Markala Inactive

Hi RichieJo500, sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. I once had a virus (or was it spyware) that I thought I got rid of by deleting the partition then reformatting, but it came back. I bought Wipedrive and gave it one wipe but it still came back. I then proceeded to give it 3 wipes (cleaning it to DOD specs) and that solved the problem. If you haven't taken it into the shop for repair yet it might be worth a try. And if you can't find Wipedrive there are other companies that make wiping software, in fact it's included with Acronis True Image which is what I use for wiping software now.