1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

[problem with macromedia flash]

Discussion in 'General Internet' started by NFL2K6, 2005/08/12.

1. 2005/08/12
    NFL2K6

NFL2K6 Inactive Thread Starter

Ok, here's the deal:

I animate with Macromedia Flash MX Professional so I have already installed Macromedia Flash Player 7. Well, I got through animating an animation and when I submitted it to the site, I couldn't view it. Others could view it, but not me. And I soon found out that on web sites, I couldn't view the Ads in those little boxes and so forth. I have no idea what the problem is. Does it have anything to do with ActiveX controls? I was fiddling around with those but it doesn't help. I can view my animations in my folders and in my animation program but on the internet....I can't. PLEASE help. And right now as I'm typing this at the bottom of my screen when you see "Opening page" or whatever it still says "1 item remaining" so it's probably an ad or something that I can't view.

2. 2005/08/12
    jaylach

jaylach Inactive

This might help. The plugin for flash and other browsers aren't necessarily the same plugin. Just because you have flash 7 dosen't mean it's the plugin for the browser you're running. As an example: If the only browser on your system when you installed flash was IE and you later installed firefox you wouldn't have flash on firefox. What troubles me is that unless you are removeing the flash check for being enabled from your animations you should be given the option to install when flash is seen.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2005/08/12
    NFL2K6

Well in the things I can't view, when I right click on them it says 'Not Loaded' and then under that it says, 'About Macromedia Flash Player 7'.

5. 2005/08/12
    NFL2K6

I can't view Flash things it seems like.

6. 2005/08/12
    jaylach

jaylach Inactive

You might also want to check your internet security levels. You may have it set too high.

By your seeing "about flash 7" I would think that the plugin is there and enabled.

Your security settings may not be allowing the files to come through.

7. 2005/08/12
    NFL2K6

Well, I tried fiddling around with it but it doesn't help. Just yesterday, I didn't have this problem.

8. 2005/08/12
    jaylach

jaylach Inactive

You didn't say that before... I would recommend uninstalling flash and reinstalling it.

9. 2005/08/13
    Welshjim

Welshjim Inactive

NFL2K6--Normally, if you trust the site to not give you any malware, put its URL into Trusted Sites (Uncheck the box "Require Server Verification....). But I do not know how this will affect your own website.
    If that allows you to see the animation, then the problem is with one of the settings for Scripting or ActiveX in your IE Tools|Internet Options|Internet Site|Custom Level. I would suspect the "Run ActiveX controls and plug ins" but could also be "Scripting of Java Applets ".-
    Can you see Flash animations on other sites, like Macromedia's own site?

10. 2005/08/14
    NFL2K6

No, Welsh, I can't see any animations on any sites. I can see ads and stuff that .GIF animation, but not Flash. Could you help me decide which boxes to check and uncheck in the Security|Custom level thing? The only thing that would make me feel that it won't make a difference is that the other day, it wasn't all like this. And I went to Macromedia's main site to download an Uninstall Flash 7 thing so I could Uninstall and then reinstall but it couldn't dowload. An error message popped up and said Couldn't download "blah blah ", The site wasn't found and/ or it's not found.

Please continue to help, I appericate you taking your time to help me.

11. 2005/08/16
    Welshjim

Welshjim Inactive

NFL2K6--Regrets that I have no experience with personal websites. I understand you programmed it to use Flash animations, but they are not working.
    Normally, it would seem to me like you do not have Flash Player installed but you say you do. Maybe it has become corrupt. You could test that by putting the Macromedia site into Trusted Sites, run the test to see if Flash is installed, and also see if you can download what you want. Putting a site into Trusted Sites allows all ActiveX and scripting controls to run. The Macromedia site requires that, as does Windows Update, for example.

The only other thing I can suggest is that you do a System Restore to a date before the problems started. (Of course you will have to write the website again.)

Hope someone else can chime in.

12. 2005/08/16
    NFL2K6

I don't have a website.

13. 2005/08/16
    jaylach

jaylach Inactive

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled Flash as I suggested? That is the first step before I can offer any other ideas. I build sites and a site configuration has nothing to do with your seeing Flash (you said you can't see it on any site). I also do a little with Flash. If you are not seeing an offer to download the Flash player when you go to a site with Flash then your system is seeing it as being installed. Since, even if you have your settings set as all default, you should be able to see Flash the first thing to check is the install.

14. 2005/08/17
    Welshjim

Welshjim Inactive

NFL2K6--
    Sorry, got the wrong impression. Not sure what site you are submitting things to.
    My suggestions are for someone who cannot make Flash animations viewable on their own PC. Have you tried them?