1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved [Probelem playign video's with Microsoft Edge]

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by mike devon, 2016/09/13.

1. 2016/09/13
    mike devon

mike devon Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have Windows 10 64bit with Microsoft Edge, OP working well, however when using Edge to play video either from news channels, You Tube, Teaching videos from Adobe, or Pinnacle I can often hear the cometary but no video plays.
    I have downloaded to Edge ABP ad blocker, could this be a problem.
    I didn't have this problem prior to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

2. 2016/09/13
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

Do you get better results with IE?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/09/13
    mike devon

Thank you for coming back. Yes it does seem to work in both IE and Chrome, however I have just installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 and when I run that program and click on training videos it automatically opens Edge and although you can hear them you cannot see them, also I find Edge quite easy and fast to use but of course would like to view news videos some times.

5. 2016/09/13
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Suggest you find the videos in File Explorer, right click on the appropriate file and select Open With and select IE or Chrome

6. 2016/09/13
    mike devon

Thank you. I will try that, incidentally I tried searching the web and found that many others have had the same problem and have yet to find a solution.

7. 2016/09/13
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

AFAIK Edge is still a bit dodgy and immature! Firefox is my preferred browser.