1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

printhead cleaning

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by beanman2k, 2002/01/14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/14
    beanman2k

beanman2k Inactive Thread Starter

Have an injet (Epson) with a severly clogged printhead. Have tried repeated clean cycles and cleaning cartridges to no avail. I would appreciate suggestions as to what type of cleaning solution/solvent to use in soaking the printhead. I can easily remove the same from the printer. At this point the printer is completely unusable. so anything I try is not going to make it any worse. I have tried a light solution of Windex and water, and it worked initially, but things clogged up again after a few hours of drying. I have two fiends with similar problems and are hoping for the best. As always, this board has a knack for coming up with the right info for even the most difficult problems. Looking forward to hearing from you.

2. 2002/01/14
    acelightning

acelightning Inactive

Try using isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. Either lay the printer cartridge(s) nozzles-down in a shallow container of alcohol, or fold up some paper towels or tissues, soak them in alcohol, and set the cartridges nozzles-down on the wet paper. Either way, let stand for anywhere from five minutes to half an hour.

In your printer software, there ought to be a "Clean print nozzles" choice. After you've cleaned the nozzles with alcohol, run the "clean print nozzles" utility, over and over again if necessary, comparing the printed results until they come out clear.

But... sometimes a dried-up ink cartridge just refuses to ever work right again, and you'll have to buy a new one. (Why are they so darned expensive, anyway?)

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/16
    hdbtroll

hdbtroll Inactive

If the print heads are clogged and not the cartridge I would suggest you try the cleaners that come with the injet refill kits. A few drops into the well where the ink comes from the cartrige and allow to soak for about an hour. Used this on several old printers that had set up and it worked well.

5. 2002/01/17
    Joe_F

Joe_F Inactive

beanman2k; if you want to try using a new inkcartridge, this site has some good deals. I've been ordering from them for several months now, and no complaints.

https://www.mrinkman.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.