1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

"POWERED BY GOOGLE" tool bars

Discussion in 'Web Applications & Cloud' started by DPI Graphics, 2011/01/28.

1. 2011/01/28
    DPI Graphics

DPI Graphics Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me why Google will find a web site but a tool bar that is "Powered by Google" won't? I built 3 similar web sites 2 of them can be found using a tool bar that is powered by google and the 3rd will not. The 1 that won't work is the newest of the 3, don't know if that would have anything to do with it. DPI.:confused:

2. 2011/01/30
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

When did the third site go live?

Pretty sure that the Google search bots have to find your site and add it to their indexes before it can be found.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/01/31
    DPI Graphics

DPI Graphics Well-Known Member Thread Starter

If I use the Google search search engine to find a web site but, if I go thru a tool bar ie: Condiut(says that it is powered by Google), the web site isn't found.

If the tool bar uses Google as it's search engine, why can't it find the web site. DPI

5. 2011/02/12
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

A "Powered by Google" toolbar is not the same as Google Toolbar or plain Google Search.

A 3rd party "Powered By Google" search application/plugin means "utilizes Google Search technologies along with our own technical implementations" built using Google Web Toolkit.

The toolbar may use several search engines at the same time, or it may display results the way it wants to display them, usually to their benefit, i.e. they earn money when users click through the results, hence toolbars are usually free.