1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved [Pavillion G6 unable to power on]

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by Barsby, 2013/06/07.

1. 2013/06/07
    Barsby

Barsby Inactive Thread Starter

Hi,

I got given a laptop to look at yesterday by somebody in my university halls of residence, and I'm completely flummoxed.

It's a HP Pavillion G6, and simply won't turn on, but if it does, it won't stay on. When pressing the power button, occasionally you'll get the power light come on, but it go off within less than a second. If it turns on, it will come on for about 30 seconds before dying.

I've tried a different hard drive, no change. Backed up her data for her in case I can't get the laptop going again so she doesn't lose work. I've tried taking one of the RAM sticks out, and then swapping them after that didn't work, but still no luck.

I've completely disassembled it, rebuilt it, made sure everything was connected properly and nothing was loose. I've tried taking the RTC battery out for half an hour and connecting it again. Tried holding down the power button for 30 seconds without the battery or charging cable plugged in, no luck.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm at the point of thinking it's as good as gone, but if anyone has any ideas that I can try to get it going that'd be appreciated.

2. 2013/06/07
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

I common problem with lappy's is that the a/c power connection on the mobo breaks off.... the battery dies and can't be charged.

Sometime a person can "giggle" the power cord and get it to make a connection.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/06/07
    Barsby

Barsby Inactive Thread Starter

There's a working connection from the a/c connector, light comes on next to the port, and also it does get a slight bit of power when turned on with just the a/c but goes off straight away, same with the battery.