1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Outlook Stationary Problem

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by Panda, 2007/10/14.

1. 2007/10/14
    Panda Lifetime Subscription

Panda Inactive Thread Starter

I don't use stationary very often, but sometimes it's fun to do. In OE I used to hit MORE STATIONARY and picked what I wanted and it sent out just fine. In Outlook, which I am very new to, isn't sending my stationary out. I've tried two ways. action/new mail using/more stationary. I select from the few stationaries listed and send my mail. No one gets it. I've tried the tools/options/mail format/stationary & fonts. I select a theme, say ok. It shows up in my letter, but doesn't send either. The people I send this mail to say they get stationaries from other people just fine. Am I missing a step? I am set up as HTML sending. I tried to get an answer from the MS data base, but no luck. I'm hoping someone here can help me figure this out. I'm using Outlook 2007.

Thanks.

:)

Last edited: 2007/10/14
  2. 2007/10/16
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

Try sending a mail to yourself to see if you get it.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/10/16
    Steve R Jones

Are you using a Signature? If so, try turning it off and see if it makes a difference.

5. 2007/10/16

Sending email to myself, it shows ok. Stands to reason since the stationary originated from my computer, right? Just took my signature off and sent a test message to a friend. Will let you know the results as soon as I get it. Thanks for the input.

6. 2007/10/17

Test came back negative. Still no stationary showing at receivers end. Now what? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

7. 2007/10/18
    Steve R Jones

There is an option to only receive mail in text format that would remove the stationary. There are also options to ony receive text maiil from people you specify. Need to check that on the receivers end.

8. 2007/10/18

But that doesn't make sense to me. I've been sending mail to these people for years and when I was using stationary with OE they all had no problem receiving it. My testing of the stationary was sent to 5 different addresses and they all said they didn't get it. There has to be another reason for this. I'll let them know to look in their options, though. Thanks.

9. 2007/10/21

My people have their mail set up to receive HTML. There shouldn't be any reason not to receive my stationary. I don't know what else to do now. Sigh.

10. 2007/11/02

Sorry to bother you all with this thread, but I still don't have this one fixed. Doesn't ANYONE know what I can do??????????????

11. 2007/11/03
    prcotter

prcotter Inactive

It is a while ago, and I guess not solved. Send me an email with stationary and I'll see if I can see what's going on to:

windowsbbsforum who-is-at paulcotter.com

I run an smtp server and log all at the conversations between the servers.