1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Outlook Express doesn't remember Password

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by JRG, 2003/01/10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2003/01/10
    JRG

JRG Inactive Thread Starter

Everytime I start up OE, it asks for my password and will not "remember" it, even if I check the block. How do I make it remember the password?

JRG,
  2. 2003/01/10
    brett

brett Inactive Alumni

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2003/01/13
    Donna

Donna Inactive

Outlook Express Password

Hello Brett or anyone there today.
    Regarding, passwords not saved in Outlook Express

When I got down to #5 of the 10 steps to do in the registry I ran up against a little problem. On the Permissions tab when selecting Repl perm entri on child ob ....................after checking apply and clicking yes on the security warning dialog an "access denied" popped up. It said unable to save permission changes.

(The name column shows full control access).

I noticed another selection that was not checked. It reads - inherit from parent permission entries not whatever. Was that one supposed to be selected as well? Anyway, scared I would mess up big time - closed up and back to you.

New XP user using Outlook Express 6.0
    Donna

5. 2003/01/13
    aleekat

aleekat Inactive

You may try deleting the account and just create a new one. Save any mail you want to keep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.