1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Outlook.com Now Doesn't Allow Viewing Online of Pictures

Discussion in 'Web Applications & Cloud' started by cintoman, 2015/05/04.

1. 2015/05/04
    cintoman

cintoman Inactive Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

My uncle recently received a fairly new Windows 8.1 laptop and checks his email via Outlook.com. When receiving emails with pictures (jpg) attached, they show up within the email as a medium-sized thumbnail. He previously was able to left-click on any thumbnail image and it would open a dropdown box where the following options would come up:
    View online
    Save to OneDrive
    Download

Now, for some reason, the "View online" option no longer shows up. He's able to download the images fine, however he liked having the option to view them online, which would allow him to see the image at near or at full size before deciding on whether to download the image(s) or not.

What's interesting is that Outlook.com allows these options with other files (ex: Powerpoint slideshows). If I go into an email he has that has a Powerpoint file attached, the "View online" option is still available there. For some reason, for JPG pictures, it disappeared.

I attached a few screenshots of the each dropdown.

Any thoughts as to why it disappeared and how to get it back? The person sending the emails with the picture attachments has not changed the way he sends the emails. The Microsoft helps on this topic wasn't of much help.

Thank you in advance for all your time and assistance.

Cintoman

Attached Files:

2. 2015/05/04
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

I don't use outlook.com enought to know what options "were" there... But is was there for the test I just did...

One thing that works well is inserting the picture in the body of the mail instead of attaching it.. Those come out large..

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/05/06
    cintoman

cintoman Inactive Thread Starter

Yeah, the option was there a few weeks ago, and then all of a sudden it "disappeared ". Not sure why.

Cintoman

5. 2015/05/06
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

Maybe outlook.com has changed something. It's got nothing to do with the OS you are using, if the site has done some changes, they would be applicable for all the OS.