1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Outlook Automatic Send/Receive Not Working

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by Gemo, 2007/06/14.

1. 2007/06/14
    Gemo

Gemo Inactive Thread Starter

Have been using MS Outlook 2002 (win XP SP2) for many yrs but recently for no known reason the automically send/receive (every 10 minutes) has stopped working.

I'm able to send/receive emails only by manually hitting the send/receive button.

I've checked all the Send\Receive settings, including making sure it isn't disabled, that the Groups have the boxes checked for Include this group, Schedule an automatic send/rec every (10 min) and Perform an auto s/r when exiting.

BTW - Send/Receiving of mail is NOT automatically performed on Outlook start up or exiting - so presume this failure is related to the automically send/receive (every 10 minutes) problem.

I have run "Detect and Repair" and have also updated the .srs file which apparently stores s/e settings. - but so far nothing has fixed the problem.

Welcome any ideas to help get my automatically scheduled s/r settings working again.

Last edited: 2007/06/14
    Gemo,
  2. 2007/06/14
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/06/14
    Gemo

Appreciate your comment SRJ. I have checked to make sure that the Disable Scheduled Send/Receive setting is not activated, which it isn't so it isn't overriding the automatic s/r operation.

I even tried disabling the scheduled s/r and then switching off the disable to see if this would faciliate the auto function working again but no luck.

Regarding my original posting - for greater accuracy, my Outlook in fact does send/recv msgs when it exits but not when it starts up even though the option to "Send immediately when connected" is checked.

In any case my main problem is that emails are not being automatically sent/rec'd every 10 min when I using Outlook through the day etc.

Gemo,
  5. 2007/06/21
    PaalN

PaalN Inactive

What kind of server are you connected to ? IMAP, POP or Exchange?
    If you have Exchange, make sure it doesnt say "working offline" down in the right corner. If i does right click it, and uncheck work offline.

6. 2007/06/26
    Gemo

I just connect to a POP mail server either in the office (via LAN) or from home through my ISP.

I have used this connection for yrs and have always been able to have Outlook automatically send/rec every 10 minutes - but for some reason a month or so ago it just stopped working.

Other email/Outlook users in my office have not been affected are are still able to to have their emails automatically sent and rec'd on a scheduled basis.

Am puzzled on what has changed in my config!

Gemo,