1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Outlook 2003 crashes about 5 seconds into the startup - no error displayed

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by trozier, 2006/11/29.

1. 2006/11/29
    trozier

trozier Inactive Thread Starter

When I start Outlook 2003, after a new installation, it displays my personal folder tree and the name of the folder and begins to install the Outlook default pane and the window suddenly closes. There are no error messages and this behavior is consistent. Any ideas what could cause this or if there is a solution?

2. 2006/12/02
    mripguru

mripguru Inactive

I just deinstalled Office 2007 and went back to 2003 and this started happening.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/12/03
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

5. 2006/12/03
    mripguru

mripguru Inactive

I just fixed my issue by manually deleting the OFFICE12 folder and leaving OFFICE11.

6. 2006/12/06
    trozier

trozier Inactive Thread Starter

Unfortunately, this is not my issue ....

I've never installed 2007. My issue started with a fresh installation of 2003 when I was building a new computer. Outlook 2003 loads and accesses my .pst file as I can see the name of my folders and begins to load the "outlook today" screen .... and then the window simply disappears. There is no error message. I copied my .pst file over to a different machine and am able to open the file on that machine, so it is not file-related. I've attempted to repair the Office installation. I've uninstalled Office, rebooted and re-installed it ... same issue. I've uninstalled Norton Anti-virus - rebooted and still have the same issue. I'm stumped ...:confused: