1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Ordinal 144 error

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by Bulldogs Sweety, 2010/07/30.

1. 2010/07/30
    Bulldogs Sweety

Bulldogs Sweety Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Intermediate
    Hi,

One of my Yahoo Group members for a specific software program that I teach, posted a problem to my group when she tried to get into the software. The software is for the Home Sewer and we can create or edit machine embroidery designs, etc.

The error message is: Ordinal 144 could not be located in the dynamic link library. Userinterface.dll.

I don't know what to tell her to do.

Thank you

2. 2010/07/30
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

You probably need to ask the creator of the program.

Arie,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/07/30
    Bulldogs Sweety

Computer Experience:
    Intermediate
    Thanks for you answer but that isn't going to happen. They just wouldn't know.

I'll advise her to contact them anyway, and see what happens.

Thanks again.

5. 2010/09/16
    Blueberry12

Blueberry12 Inactive

Computer Experience:
    Intermediate
    The error message is: Ordinal 144 could not be located in the dynamic link library. Userinterface.dll.

When you get this error with the embroidery software it means that the XP / Vista components haven't been installed. They should be available on the same installation CD. First install the Embroidery software then install the additional windows components.

I hope this helps!

6. 2010/09/16
    Bulldogs Sweety

Computer Experience:
    Intermediate
    Thank you so much. That helps a lot. Our software gals are having problems all the time when installing the software. We need HASP drivers for our security device, which is on the DVD that has the installation software, BUT, they are outdated. Instructions are to install software, then drivers but then they have problems and have to go to Alladin and get updated drivers.

Keep in mind, these are gals that buy a computer to communicate with their machines and software, but know nothing about computers so they run into problems. Even though it is advised to disable antivirus programs, etc., they just click, click away.

Thank you again.