1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Open new Internet Explorer window maximized

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by rreznikoff, 2006/02/01.

1. 2006/02/01
    rreznikoff

rreznikoff Inactive Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Intermediate
    I know to expand the window I click on the middle of the three buttons in the top right corner of the screen. My problem is when reading any news item I click on will open a minimized window and I have to expand it. Is there a way to have the windows open in expanded view?

2. 2006/02/01
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Computer Experience:
    Usually not enough
    rreznikoff - Welcome to the Board :)

Internet Explorer can be a pain in this area - I use IE Maximiser which works well in XP and is compatible with W2k.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/02/02
    rreznikoff

rreznikoff Inactive Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Intermediate
    Expand view

Thanks for the reply! I have downloaded Maximizer and it works well. However, it seem the address line has disappeared. How do I enter a URL?

5. 2006/02/03
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Computer Experience:
    Usually not enough
    I wonder if you have checked Full Screen mode in the configuration dialogue box - this is the equivalent of pressing F11 which toggles normal screen/full screen.

Otherwise check in IE that in View > Toolbars that the Address Bar is checked.