1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Onedrive won't sign in

Discussion in 'Web Applications & Cloud' started by boutells, 2016/01/09.

1. 2016/01/09
    boutells

boutells Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Experienced
    My Onedrive account won't sign in and therefore doesn't sync. Found a number of suggested remedies and none of them work. I am at the point that the only way I think I am going to get it back is to do a clean install of Windows 10 and i certainly would like to avoid that.

As it is built in to Windows 10, I can't uninstall it and reinstall it and there is no way to manually sign in.

Really need some help here.

2. 2016/01/09
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

Computer Experience:
    Experienced
    What happens when you click the Reset Password option?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/01/09
    boutells

boutells Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Experienced
    Where?

Having said that, I think Microsoft deviousness may be at work here. I did change my log in to my Microsoft account from a local account and it didn't connect but it did when I rebooted. When I changed back to a local account it wouldn't sign in again.

I suspect Microsoft has forced you to log in with a Microsoft account in a recent update in order to gather yet more data.

As of now, I am logged in using a Microsoft account. I suspect if I go back to a local account, it wouldn't sign in again. Up until recently, I used my Microsoft account to log in to Onedrive when i set it up and it did so automatically every time even though I was using a local account.

No warnings at all about this and i have wasted an afternoon trying to solve the problem the ***xxxs.