1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

(not responding)

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by nick34, 2003/05/12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2003/05/12
    nick34

nick34 Inactive Thread Starter

hello im having a prob with micro inter. expl.
    everytime i go online it gets to a certain point then it freezes
    up with an hour glass then up top where it says microsoft internet explorer it wil say (not responding) so when i try to exit or close it wont do anything i have to restart the darn thing
    can someone please help i also have a prob with speed my computer used to be fast now its slowed down ive emptied all folders ive done everything bellsouth told me to do and still not right i have dsl.

2. 2003/05/12
    Miz

Miz Inactive Alumni

Have you scanned for spyware? The symptoms you're describing are classic "spyware clog. "

Download, install and run Spybot and/or AdAware (I use them both since each seems to find spyware the other doesn't) Let them clean up any spyware they find.

Miz,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2003/05/12
    Welshjim

Welshjim Inactive

nick34--If Miz' suggestion does not clear the problem up, try
    1) Cleaning out your Temporary Internet Files
    2) Disable (one at a time) your Firewall, Popup Stopper, or Antivirus programs.
    P.S. Just today, I am having speed problems with my Internet connection. Perhaps server problems?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.