1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

no swipe back on Edge browser?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Antony, 2015/08/15.

1. 2015/08/15
    Antony

Antony Inactive Thread Starter

I hope I posted on the right forum for Microsoft Edge browser.

Since I decided not to rush to Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3, I spent time testing Windows 10 on a few Surface Pro 3s during my window shopping this afternoon.
    The writing/drawing on top of webpage is fun, but where is the basic swipe back feature? (Using one finger swiping from left to right on screen and the browser will go back one page.) Instead I was forced to tap on the relatively small "<-" (back) icon.

Apparently, I am not the only one disappointed with such great swipe feature taken away on Edge/Windows 10.

This swipe back feature is without a doubt a very handy feature on tablet.
    One more reason not to rush for Windows 10. I am still very happy with Windows 8.1 on my Surface Pro 3.

2. 2015/08/15
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Why didn't you join the Insider Program and put in some Feedback during development. No good crying over spilled milk. Neil. (a very happy W10 user!)

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/08/15
    Antony

My apology that I was not aware this forum only accepts praises and not allowing expression of disappointment on previously available useful feature no longer exist.

I found the single finger swiping back/forward feature extremely useful. And I wasn't aware there's Insider Program at all.

5. 2015/08/15
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Some comments from fellow MVP's says it all:

I don't have a Windows tablet, and have only used 10 for a limited time on my laptop, so I got not much to say myself yet.

Arie,
  6. 2015/08/17
    Scott Smith

Scott Smith Inactive Alumni

FYI
    IE 11 is still there.

[​IMG]

7. 2015/08/18
    Antony

Good to know that MVP also make comment on touch aspect.

Thank you for pointing out, Scott.
    On Windows 8.1 Pro, there are two Internet Explorers. Only the Internet Explorer from Start Screen (tile) has the nice touch gesture supported.
    The other one from Desktop mode does not seem to have any touch gesture.

If the IE 11 shown above is from Desktop mode, I doubt it would be touch friendly. I will need to find a Windows 10 machine to test it. Thank you for finding.

Despite being told off in earlier post, the "pen" writing/drawing is clearly one of the key features heavily promoted by Microsoft, somehow it seems the touch gesture is worse than previously available on Windows 8.1. As a long time iPad user, I found touch gesture extremely useful.

8. 2015/08/21
    Scott Smith

My wife has a touch screen laptop that I upgraded to 10.
    I'll try it and report back.

9. 2015/08/21
    Scott Smith

It appears the swiping in the IE desktop version does not work either...