1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

"No ADI codec installed" message

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jakinabox, 2010/08/18.

1. 2010/08/18
    jakinabox

jakinabox Inactive Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have upgraded my HP Presario R3000 laptop to Windows 7. The sound disappeared but I have managed to get it back somehow despite being told that the driver was incompatible with Windows 7.
    Now when I start up the laptop,I keep getting the message "ADI Codec not installed ". Its running fine apart from that,so should I just leave it alone or do I need to install the codec?

Thanks,
    Jaki

2. 2010/08/18
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/08/19
    jakinabox

jakinabox Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks.
    I did manage to get the driver from the HP site to work somehow,although it said "not compatible with W7, but I was still getting the error message that no ADI codec is installed. This has disappeared today without me installing anything else..strange.
    Now the media player is jerky though!

5. 2010/08/19
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

You're pushing it a bit I guess - the latest drivers are for XP - no Vista drivers which would probably work on 7.

We encourage all members to complete their System Specifications which help us to help you :)

So at least use the software indicated in the URL to determine the audio chip and post the details here.