1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Network Adapter Identification

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Dan, 2002/01/08.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/08
    Dan

Dan Guest Thread Starter

Does anyone know how i can find out what Network adapter i have on a 95 machine. It's embedded so i have no idea what it is! Any help would be appreciated.

Dan.

Dan,
  2. 2002/01/08
    Ski52

Ski52 Inactive

Don't know if this works with an imbedded NIC or not. Look at Control Panel>Network. Ths first screen lists the installed or recognized hardware. Maybe it's listed there. Mine lists Realtek Rtl etc.. & CNET Pro200 etc..

Good luck
    Ski :)

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/08
    Cliffh

Cliffh Inactive

Check around on the motherboard, look at all of the large chips, especially those nearest the NIC connection. You might be able to find the manufacturer's name and chipset number on one of them.

The best bet though is to go to either the system manufacturer or mo/bo manufacturer's web site and download the correct drivers for the NIC. A lot of the onboard chipsets are modified or built specifically for use with a certain system and/or mo/bo.

5. 2002/01/11
    shawbob

shawbob Inactive

You should also see it listed in network properties, unless it is set up with generic drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.