1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Need suggestions regarding website & Office 365

Discussion in 'Web Applications & Cloud' started by KAL, 2012/10/03.

1. 2012/10/03
    KAL

KAL Inactive Thread Starter

I need advice to guide me regarding my website and Office 365. I originally had everything set up through Office Live, which at the time worked well for me. Then I transitioned everything to Office 365 mainly because I did not have the time to research or clearly understand how to change over to something different as far as developing new web site for my restaurants. Now my trial with Office 365 expires in 7 days and I would like advice or suggestions for alternative ideas for my site. Here are my problems:

1.) If I stay with Office 365 I only need it for the web site design and not any of the other features. I can't find the pricing for that on the site.

2.) My site is simple (and ugly) as you can see here:. http://TheGyroShack.com I don't need all the bells and whistles and I have an alternative site I direct everyone to - click the menu button (but it has a long address). I only have this site because I want to keep the name "The Gyro Shack (.com) "

3.) The name is registered through Melbourne IT and from when I did the original transition, it seems that it can get complicated when changing to another "host (?) ".

Keep in mind it will be for a restaurant.
    This is what I can use help with:

1.) I think I want to go with someone else but I really want to be able to have the control of designing, adding and changing features including the ability to add a little code when I want.

2.) I would like the site to provide easy transition instructions between them and Melbourne IT.

3.) Eventually, maybe the possibility of adding an e-store to sell some specialty items online through the site.

I would certainly appreciate any help and referrals. I know I will have many more questions. Thanks to everyone.

Last edited: 2012/10/03
    KAL,
  2. 2012/10/09
    KAL

KAL Inactive Thread Starter

Decided to stay with Office 365 until I can do more research and sort out what exactly I want to do. For $6 a month and a no fee charge to cancel I can take my time to look around but I still could use some help with guidance and anyone offering links to sites they prefer offering site hosting with the ability to control the design of the site would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

KAL,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/08/23
    MartynKeigher

MartynKeigher Inactive

Still after a suggestion, or are you content with what you have with O365?