1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Need BT848 Drivers for Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by FRANK FALSETTI, 2003/01/26.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2003/01/26
    FRANK FALSETTI

FRANK FALSETTI Inactive Thread Starter

I am new to this website and not sure if posting this question here is the right place to post but i have an Intel smart video recorder III which is a video capture card.. the original drivers and chip is bt848 (brooktree drivers).. Intel no longer supports their product and (is shall i say less than cooperative) in answering the simple question since you no longer support your product is there anybody who does? And if there are windows xp drivers for my video capture card where can i d/l them?? The latest drivers are SVR3_14 which are windows 98 drivers and do not work under windows xp.. Does anyone know where i can get drivers that support this card?? I have been to drivers.com and it seems like i'm not the only one who has been looking for these drivers with no success. All i need are the drivers so i can hook up my 8mm camcorder to video conference using msn messenger..

thanks ,,,, frank

2. 2003/01/26
    Miz

Miz Inactive Alumni

Can you fiind drivers for Windows 2000? They will usually work with WinXP.

Miz,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2003/01/26
    FRANK FALSETTI

MIZ I HAVENT FOUND WIN200 DRIVERS

miz thanks but i havent found any win200 drivers that work.. i d/l a file today called tv542k which is a 18meg file.. havent tried it yet.. so dont know if it will work.. if you know of any file that has been tested and works under winxp let me know.. if this one i got today resolves my problem i'll be sure to post it for anyone else who may need it.. thanks for your help..

frank

5. 2003/01/26
    Dennis L Lifetime Subscription

Dennis L Inactive Alumni

Hi FRANK FALSETTI

Looks alittle intense, but try this site. Last resort, take OPTION#6. Hope it helps, post back, good luck.

Last edited: 2003/01/26
  6. 2003/01/26
    FRANK FALSETTI

thanks dennis for suggection

dennis,

thanks for you referral to that website,, i had been there but if i understand it correctly you must have the card working first under win98 so my video capture card must be working with the win98 drivers first and then some how it clones the drivers so it can work under winxp.. my problem is that i do not have the card working under win98 now..i had tried to install the old bt848 drivers from intel in winxp and i get a error that the old win98 bt848 driver wont even install under winxp.. what happen to the company that made brooktree drivers.. do they no longer exist or is the technology so outdated that i should just forget about using this video capture card and get another..

7. 2003/01/26

Dennis L Inactive Alumni

I also did a fast read, just not sure what the sequence of requirements are. Since there trying to get older equipment to work in XP, I think the "installer" is suppose to get you there.... But XP is a tough customer to keep happy when it comes to drivers. You might want to start looking for a XP compatible capture card.

8. 2003/01/29
    FRANK FALSETTI

SCOTT, I haven't given up yet

SCOTT,

Even though i havent received any more responses for help in finding BT848 drivers for windows xp it seems that these drivers dont exist or nobody knows where they can be found.. i guess i'll give it a little while longer and see if anyone else responds with a resolution.. then take your advice and check out a new video capture card.. i hate to chuck these away since i paid $200.00 each for them and i have 2.. but as i see my request slowly creep down and no more response i guees i just might have to bite the bullet on these.. thanks for your help...

frank

9. 2003/01/29
    FRANK FALSETTI

FINALLY HEARD FROM INTEL

Frank,

No company or individual took over support for the product. Intel discontinued the product and all support and development for it back in 1999. I am sorry, but there is no additional information we can provide and no new software or drivers for the product. I can tell you that Intel has not created any drivers or updates for this product since early 1998, so there are no XP drivers or XP software available.

Regards,

Jon S.
    Intel(R) Technical Support
    *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

1/29/2003 11:34 AM (PST)

10. 2003/01/29

Dennis L Inactive Alumni

Sorry for the bad news... the price of technogically... take no prisoners. You say you want to video into msn messager. Would this require a high end capture card to utilize your 8mm camera? Could you find a XP compatable card for under $100. Would an inexpensive pc web cam unit do the job. Don't know what quality / features you require.

11. 2003/02/05
    FRANK FALSETTI

FOUND BT848 DRIVERS THAT WORK IN WINXP

After searching I finally found bt848 drivers that work in windows xp.. I downloaded many drivers that had anything to do with BT848 AND BROOKTREE and finally got drivers that actually work.. I don't know from what website I got them from otherwise I would post the link.. I have a Intel smart video recorder iii and with these drivers which are made by (CONEXANT) windows xp shows the device as a (Conexant's BtPCI capture).. I only wanted the drivers to video conference with msn messenger or netmeeting and they work fine.. I emailed CONEXANT asking about their drivers but haven't heard from them yet.. I wasn't able to access CONEXANT website directly to download drivers from them.. If anyone knows how to get to their website please let me know..

12. 2003/02/05

Dennis L Inactive Alumni

Hi Frank

Glad to hear you found your drivers. XP is tough when in comes to drivers and older equipment. Found a url for Conexvant Video & multimedia. Also, if you use a 3rd party download manager, it should have stored the driver download URL path. I use "Star" downloader, stores the path in the downloaded file properties view. Thanks for posting back and sharing your information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.