1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

multiple users: what files netscape needs to have writing permission?

Discussion in 'Firefox, Thunderbird & SeaMonkey' started by tino, 2002/01/09.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/09
    tino

tino Guest Thread Starter

Hi there,
    I have a problem installing netscape for multiple users on WinNT/2K. To make it work for all users i have to give writing permission to the \winnt folder to everybody. Otherwise only the "new profile" wizard starts and after completion of an new profile (which already exist in the \netscape\users folder!) it just doesn't start. I found the file netscape.ini in \winnt and tried to give writing permissions only to this file. But that doesn't work anyway. The windows temp folder is given permission to write to for everybody.

Thanx for answering
    Tino

tino,
  2. 2002/01/09
    tino

tino Guest Thread Starter

ok!
    I found that blo*** file! It's nsreg.dat[\B] in the windows folder that needs to be set free for everybody.

cheers
    Tino

tino,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/09
    Ramona

Ramona Geek Member Alumni

tino,

I see that you solved your own problem. Good news!

Thank you for posting the solution, as you never know when it will help someone else.

Ramona

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.