1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

More than 225,000 Apple iPhone accounts hacked

Discussion in 'News @ WindowsBBS' started by Arie, 2015/09/04.

1. 2015/09/04
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff Thread Starter

Hackers have stolen more than 225,000 Apple accounts from iPhone customers.

Security company Palo Alto Networks is calling the attack "the largest known Apple account theft caused by malware." Palo Alto Networks (PANW) discovered the hack along with Chinese tech group WeipTech.

The good news for most iPhone customers is that the malware, nicknamed KeyRaider, only targets "jailbroken" iPhones.

Read CNN Article

Arie,
  2. 2015/09/19
    Toydoctor

Toydoctor Inactive

...the malware, nicknamed KeyRaider, only targets "jailbroken" iPhones.

Okay, duly noted.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/09/19
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

First Android & now IOS.

Now one needs old Nokias to be safe I guess.

5. 2015/09/19
    Toydoctor

Toydoctor Inactive

The note about "jailbreak" on iPhones exempts the other 95 (or so) percent that haven't had their systems compromised.

Right now, I'm more comfortable with the security on our family's iPhones and one each iPad than I am with my desktop (i7 w/ Win 7 Pro) dealing with all of the W10 "upgrades" and whatever else comes with that. (I'll put a single proviso on the iPad: whenever our 9yo granddaughter gets ahold of the thing, I spend a couple of hours cleaning games and movies she's decided to run OFF....or at least inactive until the next time she comes visit.)