1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Modernuistartscreen error

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by whitecrow, 2013/12/30.

1. 2013/12/30
    whitecrow

whitecrow Inactive Thread Starter

I had installed to my win8 lappy a theme which gave things like the apple type menu bar and additional stuff, then I got to install the 8.1 update, it didn't like that I had already fixed a lot of the missing parts that MS decided to drop, like the Start Button, and other things that I was just used to using in other flavors of windows.

Anyway,,after the install/update of "8.1 ", things went a bit whacky and I had to uninstall the theme, this was a problem as uninstalling the theme wiped out my whole GUI, "all the screen was gone, nothing ", so I did the reinstall/rollback type of thing and got back my GUI=windows screen.

Now I keep getting an error at start up, modernuistartscreen "Resource 10000 not found ".

I keep thinking this is a reg entry that the OS cant find, as I'm no registry mechanic, I was wondering if anyone has a fix for this, as I would like to not turn error reporting off just to stop that message.

I don't use the laptop all that much, but when I do this start up error is an small annoyance.

2. 2013/12/30
    James Martin

James Martin Geek Member

Found this online...

Excerpt from post #1...

After upgrading to 8.1 I too got ModernUIStartScreen ERROR: Resource 10000 not found.

The solution I have used is go to task manager, startup tab, right click modernuistartscreen and disable. You can also right click and open in folder to see where it is.​

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/12/30
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi whitecrow, Welcome to WindowsBBS. :)

I would suggest that you visit Control Panel > Programs and Features > Right click on your ModernUI and Uninstall.
    Close out and Reboot your comp.
    If you Downloaded your software previously, it should still be in your Download folder. From there you can reinstall and see it it works OK.
    If you find it difficult to get around in W8.1, there are a couple of well liked/used software programs to get the look of XP or W7 as your Desktop.
    Start8 is one and the one I use Classic Shell. Cheers Neil.

5. 2013/12/31
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I agree with suggestion to use Start8 ($5 but still my choice) or the free Classic Shell (the choice of many others). Also, you might check out Pokki which is also becoming popular with W8 users who don't like W8's new UI.

Bill,
  6. 2014/01/15
    whitecrow

Thanks guys.

7. 2014/01/29
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

Please mark your thread as 'Resolved'.

8. 2014/01/29
    whitecrow

think i did what someone abouv said,, IT HAS BEEN RESOLVED,, I recieved an email requiring me to say that this is no longer a problem, I'm not a systems analyst or a total computer freak and the laptop that had this problem is seldom used.

So for the second time,,,THANKS GUYS for your help.