1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Missing Properties Dialog Box

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by GNevill, 2002/01/08.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/08
    GNevill

GNevill Inactive Thread Starter

When using Windows Explorer you can right click on a folder icon and select properties or sharing from the drop down list. A dialog box then pops up which allows you to set permissions etc. If I do that on my Windows 2000 server nothing happens.

Anyone else seen this and has a resolution less drastic than a reinstall of the operating system?

Anny help will be appreciated.

2. 2002/01/08
    Tekguy

Tekguy Guest

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/09
    GNevill

GNevill Inactive Thread Starter

Tekguy,

Thanks for the response. I have rebooted the server, I did it again today, no different.

The system does not have DFS so the other suggestion does not seem to apply.

I presume the problem is caused by something that has been installed on the server, it was OK the last time that I shared a folder for a new product. I will review what has been installed recently to see if anything has an Explorer interface.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.