1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved [Memory low message when running 2 games]

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rc17, 2014/02/23.

1. 2014/02/23
    rc17

rc17 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

System is W7 Pro 64, 750G HDD, 16G ram, 560Ti SC vid card. While i have a game running in the toolbar i will be running another onscreen or another program. The system interrupts and says it needs to close both programs as it is low on memory. I let the system run virtual memory and its at 24G now. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Any help or ideas are appreciated. :)

rc17,
  2. 2014/02/23
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi rc17. Can you post a screenshot of the complete error message that you get? Does this happen with all programs or just certain ones?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/02/23
    rc17

Memory low

I will try to get it to happen again and see if i can get a screenshot. This was happening a lot when i first installed W7. Since i let the system run virtual mem itself, its down to a few programs it happens with now.

rc17,
  5. 2014/02/26
    rc17

It happened with just a demo of a game running. Could not get screenshot, it refused to take it.:( Will try again to get it to happen again. It says memory is low and it has to shut down whatever you are using at that moment. Makes no sense as it has 24G available virtual memory and 16G ram. I updated My System to show current machine i run. Its showing 620mhz on memory speed which is strange as it suppose to be running at 1330mhz. I will check that in bios. I have UEFI bios so i will see what it says memory runs at and change it if need. Will post if it happens again and try to get that screenshot.

rc17,